Monday, January 05, 2009

Grievance Game is Boring

I've decided not to pick up the last post where I left off. At least not for now. It was depressing the hell out of me and, really, do you want to watch me whine and wallow in misery? Haven't many of you had enough of that, having known me through the 1980s?

Here's a fun thing from this morning:

Thing 1 was in a great mood this morning. As much as she loathes school, she was clearly excited about getting back to her social network and away from the house.

So she was busting my chops about something -- I can't remember what -- when I said, "You know, the acorn doesn't fall far from the tree."

She replied, "I know. But sometimes a little squirrel comes and picks up the acorn and carries it far away from the tree."

I wanted to snap back with something about the squirrel taking bites out of the acorn, leaving it a somewhat lesser acorn, but I was laughing too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home