Friday, October 24, 2008

Disclosure/Disclaimer

From daily email lawyer journal:

"Firms that do not have a blogging policy should consider adopting one. At a minimum, bloggers should be prohibited from using offensive language, expressing racist or sexist views or revealing confidential information about the firm. Blogs should also include a disclaimer that the opinions expressed are solely those of the author. Prohibition of any mention of the firm also is appropriate unless the content of the blog is officially approved by the firm."

1. OK, so... I'm not sure I use offensive language aside from the occasional f-bomb (hmm. I did refer to JAPs earlier this week, but only to underscore the fact that to my adolescent self such categories mattered greatly, but they are largely irrelevant to my adult self...)

Well, how's this: I won't curse unless it is a direct quote or it is funny. And my use of offensive, racist or sexist views will be limited to comparative "see-how-I've-grown", ironic usage, or to highlight someone else's offensive, racist or sexist views. Which all you baby-shakers out there know is A-OK.

2. I will not reveal confidential information about The Firm, except that it sometimes sucks to work here. But that isn't confidential, it is characteristic of all firms.

3. The views expressed are solely mine, except when I am purposely taking a different view for fun. But in any event, they are not the Firm's views. Because as far as The Firm is concerned, we're all one big happy family here at The Firm and it never sucks here, unlike at other firms where suckage is de rigeur.

There. Think my is covered?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home