Sunday, January 13, 2008

Oh! I dropped my monkey!

Since the dust has settled with Thing 1's scoliosis diagnosis and she's adjusted nicely to wearing her night brace, we've decided to add chiropractic care as an adjunct to the good ole AMA. We figure, if our ultimate goal is to keep her curvature under 30 degrees, and the bracing seems to be doing a decent job of stabilizing the curvature, chiropractic care is the chicken soup of treatment modalities -- it couldn't hurt.

The Hubbins and I have seen Dr. Cutie Pie on and off for the last 10 years, but this was Thing 1's first visit. She stood next to me and leaned over my shoulder as I filled our her medical history. It went a little something like this:

"Kidney problems? No. Female problems[yes this was an actual category]? Yes, my Mom is a female problem. Heart attack? No. Dizziness? Hmm. Ciara, you are awfully dizzy."

"It's DITzy, Momma."

heh heh heh.

The appointment went well. Thing 1 LOVED having her back rubbed and is looking forward to her next visit.

Today's post is named for something Thing 2 randomly exclaimed before diving under the table at Chili's yesterday.

I realized that I never blogged about my performance evaluation. The short story is: I suck but there is hope; I repeatedly heard about a conference room I forgot to book 2 weeks ago (bite me, I'm a lawyer and if you want me to book conference rooms either get me a secretary who doesn't need emailed instructions for everything OR give me rights to book the conference room); and a crappy raise (same complaint as everyone else). The real story will happen when I get in to see the boss to discuss the crappy raise further.

I wimped out at the performance evaluation mostly because I would prefer being eaten alive by fire ants (and because I was outnumbered 3 to 1 and not comfortable talking turkey with an "of counsel", who is disgruntled about not being a "partner", in the room). But I've had time to get my story together. I do not believe that anything I say will change anything now, but I'm setting the stage to make sure there is $$ parity if a group comes over from another firm in the next year (plans are in the works for 1Q).

Some interesting business travel plans in the next 3 months. I've got a trip to Phoenix and LA in February (and a planned pre-trip to Joe & Pat's new digs), and possibly a trip to Dallas in the next 6 weeks (I'll try to impose on the Texas Codds while I'm there). Woo hoo. Be a lawyer. See the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home