Friday, September 21, 2007

"Sister Darth Vader isn't gonna go for that at all."

That's the quote.

Here's the context: I accompanied Thing 1 to her first Confirmation class. On the way over, we chatted a bit about potential Confirmation names. I mentioned a few old family faves ("What about 'Frances'?" "NO WAY!!"), before jumping right into silly ("What about 'Funk Soul'?" "Sure!"), and ended with a classic ("Elv_s?" "YEAH!)

She was unhappy to learn that Elv_s (his name is too sacred to write out), while the King, is not on par with the King of Kings. I tried. There's a British Saint Elvan of some sort who attained sainthood by, apparently, requesting that missionaries come to Britain. I thought, maybe we could call Elv_s an Americanization of a latinization of "Elvan", but, as an close advisor pointed out, "Sister Darth Vader isn't gonna go for that at all."

Unrelated note: Thing 1 set fire to my kitchen for the second time today.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home