Monday, June 18, 2007

Could completeness still appeal . . .

to one who thinks what he should feel?

So, I just learned that my brief sister-in-law, let's call her "Chartreuse", tried to kill herself last week by downing a bottle of pills and a bottle of liquor. She was found, unconscious, by her mother and has been in a coma in ICU ever since.

I'm trying to care, but not doing a good job at it. I know I should feel something. But I don't.

Chartreuse made Thing 2 cry, when she made last-minute, tell-tale changes to the wedding plans that caused Young Miss 2, who was all of 5 years old, not to be flower girl, after having been promised the role a year or more earlier. Then, Chartreuse broke Dear, dear BIL's heart.

I helped DBIL prepare his divorce papers just before I went on maternity leave with Thing 3. They had been married about a month.

The Hubbins reported to me that they're concerned Chartreuse may have suffered brain damage, based on how long she was "out" before help arrived. I asked whether they had a "before" EEG for comparison.

Man, I'm going to hell.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home