Monday, March 27, 2006

Lenten Knittin'

I haven't given up on the Alcohol-Free Lent, but I've decided to take a more positive approach to Lenten sacrifice. I've become a charity knitting madwoman. In the last two weeks, I knitted 5 preemie hats that I will donate to Danbury Hospital and I'm on my 3rd scarf for some random Boy Scout's Eagle Scout project. (OK, he isn't really random. He's one of DB's scouts.) Is there anything better than using up stash while performing works of charity for fellow humans?

I've also accepted a pro bono divorce matter, but I'm not sure if I can mark that one on the Great Board of Lenten Acts of Charity seeing as we operate under the marriage-as-sacrament scheme. Aw heck! The Old Man absconded to some foreign country. There are no kids and no assets. I'm just holding a hand and filling out paperwork.

Still no job, but I've got some gooood feedback on a long term temp gig with a former employer. The money isn't great, but it's a steady paycheck and my solo practice will provide a nice supplement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home