Tuesday, March 14, 2006

FOs and Peggy Lee Moment

I finally finished my Knitting Olympics entry (blue jackalope sweater, above). I believe this puts me in dead last place, but HEY! I finished. It's an honor just to be nominated, right?

The other, nearly FO, is a Christening present for my nephew, Thomas. I still have to weave in ends and sew on buttons, but I'll do that the night before the blessed event. I started this project in the days leading up to the Knitting Olympics, which is how I was able to finish so soon after finishing the Jackalope sweater.

Now I find myself asking, Is that all there is?
This is the first time in a year or so that I didn't have another definite project waiting in the wings. Sure, I have options, but nothing that must be done next. I have to make a cardi for Thing 3 for the Spring, but I am so far uninspired. Thing 1 "ordered" a ducky sweater, but I'm not keen on her design idea, so I'm hoping to hold off until she comes around. (She wants a cardi with a giant duck across the front. I'm opposed to giant waterfowl splashed across the front because I am certain that once she starts middle school -- 6 months -- she will not wear it. I favor small ducks around the bottom hem.) Uninspired!

I have pounds of sock yarn but no desire to knit socks. I'm could knit myself that jacket, I have no way to justify the yarn purchase (unemployed with many dollars of recent yarn purchases). I can finish the various projects lying around the house, but let's face it -- they've been abandoned for good reason. Maybe I'll spend a few weeks knitting preemie hats.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger CJ said...

Last spring, I promised J. & S. sweaters. I started in August. I finished Jake's a couple of weeks ago. Sydney's still needs the entire front (including picture of doggy) and then will need to be sewn together (sleeves & back are all done). Jake's has a big ugly bat across the front. My intarsia 'skillz' are not quite honed (first time ever). Jake's collar is quite misshapen. And by the time I finish Syd's, it will be summer again...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home