Monday, February 27, 2006

Kildowed, Not Kwanned

Remember when I was whining about stranding, but noting how it was better than the evils of intarsia in the round? Well, I was wrong (there's always a first time). My stranding was sooo bad and sooo tight, that the darn thing couldn't fit over my daughter's waist. I had to frog all of my little jackalopes and begin again in intarsia. The bottom picture shows my progress as of 2/17/06, before I ripped the stitches.

But, I did not give up. Even though I had little chance of winning the gold, I put on my game face, learned a new knitting skill, and persevered. The top picture shows my progress as of the closing ceremonies.

Like fellow Staten Island girl, Silvia Fontana, my Olympic moment is defined by my noble effort, not by any medal. I can say with pride that I met the Olympic ideal of higher, stronger, faster. (Cue olympic anthem.)

1 Comments:

At 4:55 PM, Blogger Norah said...

Woohoo!! Great job. I always admire people who have the courage to tackle intarsia and who do it well. It looks awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home