Monday, February 13, 2006

Day 2 Progress and Unrelated Rants

I ended Day 2 of my KO project with the jackelopes half-done. I'm sick to death of stranding. Have I mentioned that I hate stranding? And this pattern is chock full o'stranding. Why not use intarsia, one might ask, particularly for the hearts and "M"? Because I'm knitting this in the round and would rather fight stranding than the whole intarsia-in-the-round.

I take comfort knowing that in 7 rows I shall be free from stranding for 10".

Unrelated rants: Our VEEP seems to get himself in trouble while hunting and I wonder if he shouldn't give it up. First, there was the whole duck hunting with Scalia thing. Most recently, he shot his friend while hunting for quail. Perhaps he meant to shoot Quayle, but, like that other fine Bush VP, he can't spell fer shit.

I suppose we should be glad that Cheney wasn't quail hunting with Scalia. We could do much worse. (I realize that the liberal knee-jerk reaction to the word "Scalia" is to attempt to swallow one's own tongue in order to save one's self from the further horrors of Scalia's judgment. I often thinks he writes his wacky dissenting opinions because they aren't law and he can write whatever he wants. His majority opinions are much more even-tempered. Anyway, the longer he serves, the closer he comes to retirement. We can hope to have a Democrat in the White House by then.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home