Saturday, February 11, 2006

Knitting Olympics

Let the Games Begin! I cast on Mauracita's jackelope sweater at the stroke of 2 p.m. yesterday (pix to come). I'm using size 7 (US) needles with Manos Cotton Stria, which recommends sizes 4-6, so I'm a little concerned about space between stitches. But Hey -- What are the chances that anything I make for my kids won't end up in the dryer? One wash and voila - no holes!

I had been working on the design for the jackelope sweater on and off for about a year, but the Yarn Harlot's Olympic challenge gave me the final push to get the darn thing done. All the better for Maura, though. I was never 100% happy with the old design (jackalopes facing forward), and I had a rush of inspiration in January (jackelopes in profile). She and I are both happier with the new design.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home