Wednesday, March 22, 2006

It's All in the Timing

Last Monday I finally got around to opening a post office box and ordering business cards for my exciting solo law practice. I'm still looking for a job, but I can no longer proceed as if the job is going to come any day now, n'est-ce pas? So the NEXT DAY, I get a call back for a second interview with a firm I hearted, that I first met with in November, and which was now finally ready to hire. I'm thinking -- Of course this call should come right after I ordered business cards -- perfect timing! (The interview went well, I expect to hear from them in the next week or so, which in law firm time means "July".)

Fast forward to today. DH and I go run some errands -- including picking up my business cards -- and return right after lunch. I look at the clock and say, "Gosh, it's 12:10 and Beloved Client hasn't called yet today." And then my cell phone rings. It is Beloved Client -- perfect timing.

After I got off the phone, I tried again, "Gosh, it's 12:38 and Law Firm that I Heart hasn't called me yet today." The phone hasn't rung yet. Drat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home