Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Getting In Touch with my Inner Mrs. Groom*

I spoke with Muscle Guy this evening with 3 or 4 follow up questions. The results:

1. While Thing Three's whack in the eye may be significant, it was not relevant. He noticed decreased mobility in my right eye. It is more noticeable to me in my left eye because my left eye was weaker to begin with.

2. The disease should run its course in 1.5-2.5 years, after which my eye muscles will regain much of their former mobility, although there may be some scarring. In light of the superior oblique palsy, we want some scarring in my left eye. If the stars align properly, when the disease has run its course, Iwon't need prism lenses and I won't look like Mrs. Groom.*

3. Although there is a strong correlation between Thyroid-Associated Eye Disease and other thyroid diseases, there is no correlation between Thyroid-Associated Eye Disease and other non-thyroid auto-immune diseases, such as MS. Phew.

So there.

* Come one now, you remember Mrs. Groom from P.S.22. She was scary. Always looked like you did something wrong and she knew and she was going to tell her friends AND your parents and siblings.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home