Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Saved Project

Pretty much the first thing I did after I learned I was pregnant with Thing 3 was to begin her blanket. I didn't have a pattern or a clue as to what I wanted, but I spelunked through my stash and came out with some interesting cotton yarn and started a-knitting. Several weeks later, I had created this and completely lost interest in the project.
Hideous, eh?
After reading Mason-Dixon Knitting, I was inspired to cut the darn thing up and make several baby burp cloths out of it. But then . . . inspiration. What is a hideous baby blanket can be a totally fetching (or other age-appropriate adjective) pre-teen skirt. I sewed the ends together, sewed in an elastic waistband and voila. I haven't been able to get Thing 1 to stand still long enough to model it, but she looks FAAAAABulous (or other age-appropriate adjective).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home