Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Craziest Places I've Knit

Kat-Knits is running a contest for the craziest places you've knit. Here's my entry:

1. On a cruise ship in the Caribbean - nothing like knitting wool sweaters in 90+ degree weather.
2. In the hospital while in labor - after a couple of false starts, the midwife told me to come back when I could no longer knit.
3. On the dais at a professional conference where I was presenting a paper - from the audience, it looked like I had my hands in my lap.
4. In the audience at innumerable professional conferences
5. On the client's time - my personal favorite: If someone else is driving, I knit. And it's billable.

3 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger kat said...

& was the midwife right?

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Frances said...

Yes. She was nitpicking about "disorganized, frequent, and incredibly painful contractions" vs. "active labor". I could knit between the former, but not latter. The baby was born 8 hours after knitting stopped, but 36 hours after the painful contractions began.

 
At 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home