Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Children and Other Hazards of Sex

My children seem determined to ruin my last week of freedom before returning to the daily grind. Things 2 and 3 are home today. Think 3 has been banned from day care until she no longer has a fever for 24 hours and Thing 2 has various cold symptoms. Thing 1 made a valient effort to stay home, but was sent to school anyway.

Coupla sick kids - nothing new, right? Except that Thing 3 turned into Super Crack Baby last night and kept us (mostly me) awake for 4.5 hours while she kicked, wiggled, talked and sang instead of sleeping. I admit, at times it was amusing. How often is one serenaded by a 21 month old at 3:30 a.m.? ("Myyyyyy relaaaaax. Myyyyy sleeping. Myyyy pillow. Pillow pillow pillow. My sleeping. . .") But mostly, it was exhausting. I found myself wondering exactly how much codeine cough syrup I could safely administer to her (if my dose is 1 tsp, then would 1/8 tsp be safe for a 27 pounder?).

She just come downstairs. I'd better stop typing before she figures out I'm writing about her and she really makes me pay.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home