Friday, April 07, 2006

Le Grind

I had lunch with a coupla former colleagues yesterday (guess I should refer to them as "friends" now. I'm certain that I hung around at Former Employer as long as I did because I enjoy their company so much).

But it did fill me with a little foreboding about Monday -- New Job Day. It was all fun and games joking about ineffective support staff and incomprehensible management decisions during past lunches, when I was totally unemployed. But hearing them bitch and moan yesterday just reminded me that I have a new set of questionable rules and truculent support staffers to navigate.

And what if I don't make any friends? What if they hate me? What if no one has a sense of humor there and I have nothing to do all day but bill hours and plot the violent overthrow of the copy room staff.

In the show, they got people who make your copies for you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home