Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Fambly Lawyer

Dear FIL just handed me a 3 page notice from the Bankruptcy Court of the Southern District of New York, relating to the bankruptcy of Pan Am Corp., and asked me to tell him what it means.

Just for context, this bankruptcy action has been going on since 1991. I am not a bankruptcy lawyer, and it is a notice regarding acceptance of report on final distribution (meaning, this is the end of the line). What does it say? What does it mean? It means this is IT, buddy, unless you care to object. And no, I have no idea what it means for you. But let me spend 20 minutes on the computer and see if I can explain where your pension went. All lawyers can do that. Then I'll take 30 sections and tell you if your great idea is patentable, and maybe plan your estate. All while working on this last glass of wine.

No probs, man.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home