Friday, September 08, 2006

A culture of service . . . contracts

The Hubbins went to our friendly, neighborhood Staples last night to purchase a desk chair. The following exchange occurred at the checkout between the Hubbins and the super friendly and helpful Staples Associate:

SA: You should protect your purchase with the super friendly plus protection contract.

Hubbins: It's a chair.

SA: Yes, and I recommend protecting your purchase with the super friendly plus protection contract for just $-

Hubbins: Do you know what a chair does?

SA: Yes, and I recommend protecting your chair with the super friendly plus protection contract for just -

Hubbins: I sit my arse in it.

SA: And with the super friendly plus protection contract, if it gets a scratch, we'll fix it or replace it.

Hubbins: I sit my arse in it. It is a chair.

I think the super friendly and helpful Associate gave up after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home